As a tour operator and someone who enjoys camping and going on safaris, I strongly suggest that anyone planning a safari in Kenya chooses an all-inclusive package. It’s the most convenient and cost-effective option and will ensure that you have a hassle-free experience and get the most out of your safari.
What’s an all-inclusive package?
It’s a complete package that covers all the basics of a safari, like transport to and from your destination, lodging, meals and activities. Additionally, depending on the package you choose, it may also include additional amenities like personal guides or professional tour directors to help you get the most out of your experience.
Here are 10 reasons why an all-inclusive package should be your recommended choice for a Kenya Safari:
- Comprehensiveness: An all-inclusive package accounts for almost everything related to your safari; from transport, lodging and meals, to activities like game drives and wildlife viewing. This means you won’t have to worry about finding or booking individual services separately as they are already included in the all-inclusive package.
- Cost-effectiveness: Choosing an all-inclusive tour package can be much more cost effective than booking separate services or activities. When you book each service separately, the costs of transport, lodging and meals add up quickly; but when they are already included in an all-inclusive package, it often costs less overall.
- Hassle-free booking: With an all-inclusive package, you can be sure that everything related to your safari experience is taken care of in one go. This gives you the peace of mind knowing that you no longer have to search and book individual services separately.
- Convenience: An all-inclusive tour package also offers more convenience as it eliminates all the hassle of organising your safari; from transport, to accommodation and meals. This leaves you free to focus on fully enjoying the experience instead of worrying about admin related tasks.
- Quality assurance: When you book an all-inclusive package, you can be sure that the quality of service and amenities included is up to standard. This is especially important when it comes to activities like game drives and wildlife viewing, as you want to make sure you get the most out of your experience.
- Professional guidance: An all-inclusive package often also includes professional guides or tour directors who know the region inside out and can point you in the right direction for the best wildlife viewing opportunities.
- Curated activities: An all-inclusive package usually comes with pre-planned activities which takes the stress out of organising and planning your own safari experience. With an all-inclusive package, you can be sure that you will get to enjoy a range of curated experiences tailored to make your safari a memorable one.
- Structured schedule: An all-inclusive package also offers you a structured and organised schedule of activities throughout your safari. This means that you can be sure that your time in Kenya is spent efficiently, allowing you to experience the most in the least amount of time.
- Meet like-minded people: Touring with an all-inclusive package gives you the opportunity to meet and socialise with like-minded people who share your enthusiasm for safaris. This is an enjoyable way of making new friends and creating memories that will last a lifetime.
- Supportive travel network: An all-inclusive package also gives you access to a supportive travel network in the form of tour guides, tour directors or other travellers. This allows you to get help and advice in case of any unforeseen issues or if you just want some tips on the best places to visit.
How much is an all-inclusive package safari in Kenya?
The cost of an all-inclusive safari package in Kenya can vary depending on the type of experience you are looking for and the number of days/nights included. Generally, you can expect to pay anywhere from $2000 – $5,000 or more per person for a week-long safari tour.
There are various ways to get your safari cost lower including choosing to camp instead of staying in luxury hotels and lodges. You can also opt for self-drive campervan safaris or join a group tour to reduce the cost.