Kambu Campers makes it easy for you to go on a budget camping safari in Kenya without compromising comfort or security. Our campervans, campsites, and planning tools help you explore Africa’s wild side at your own pace and experience the best of nature up close.
We are represented on Safari Bookings.
Our 4WD campervan “Cheyat” can take you anywhere from city streets to open savannahs and sparkling lakes, rivers, and beaches. A self-drive camping safari lets you venture off the beaten path for a unique and personalized experience. We provide comprehensive insurance and 24/7 roadside assistance through partners across the country.
Cheyat has everything you’ll need for a stress-free camping trip:
- Unlimited kilometers in a 4WD safari van with a pop-up roof, perfect for off-road adventures and wildlife viewing
- Comprehensive insurance for up to two drivers
- Solar-powered charging ports for phones, tablets, cameras, and computers
- Basic kitchen setup (including drinking water, a small refrigerator, cooking gas, pots, plates, and utensils)
- 4G internet router (data bundles purchased separately) and Bluetooth speakers
- 4′ x 6′ bed, bedding, and quick-dry towels
Our Nairobi cottage and Maasai Mara campground (both available soon!) are the perfect places to begin your journey or rest at the end of an adventure-filled day. You can park a campervan, pitch your own tent, or relax in a guest cottage.
Trip Planning Tools
Our database of over 200 campsites in Kenya makes finding the perfect stops for your trip easy. We’re always adding new sites and updating information about roads, prices, and amenities. Reach out to us if you know of others we should add!
Browse our recommendations for camping on Kenya’s traditional safari circuits, like the Southeast Circuit. We also have location guides for some of Kenya’s top destinations.
Wondering what to eat on your camping trip? You can never go wrong with hot dogs (or plant-based sausages) roasted over an open fire! But if you’re looking for more to cook on the gas stove in your Kambu Campervan, read our favorite eight camping recipes.