Get close to nature and enjoy the wildlife of one of Africa’s most celebrated national reserves at Masai Mara. This 3-day tour package safari to Masai Mara is sure to give you the magical African adventure experience that you have been dreaming about!
On this exclusive tour, explore the wide-open savannah plains and witness hundreds of species like elephants, zebras, wildebeests, antelopes, and more. The tour also offers you an opportunity to spot predators such as lions, cheetahs, leopards and hyenas. Enjoy a thrilling game drive through the vast plain while taking in the stunning view of the landscape and wildlife.
Why choose our 3-day mara safari package;
- Get up close with the majestic wildlife of Masai Mara.
- Spot different predators like lions, cheetahs, leopards and hyenas in their natural habitats. You can potentially see all the Big 5.
- Enjoy an exclusive game drive as you take in the sights and sounds of nature.
- Learn about the unique culture, tradition and lifestyle of the Masai tribe.
- Visit the Mara River, home to thousands of Hippos and Nile crocodiles.
- Spend a day at the Masai Camp, an exclusive experience for our exclusive guests only.
Other activities you can expect during your 3-day safari in the Mara;
Take a game drive through the wide open savannah plains and witness hundreds of species like elephants, zebras, wildebeests, antelopes, and more. You can expect to traverse the National Reserve for at least 6 hours per day.
Experience the Masai Mara from above on a hot air balloon safari and get an unbeatable view of the reserve’s vast landscape. This activity is available for an additional fee. If you want to go on a Balloon safari, make sure you indicate this when making your booking.
Take a guided bush walk with our experienced Masai guides and learn about the flora and fauna of Masai Mara while appreciating the spectacular beauty of the reserve. If you are staying at our Mara Kambu Camp or at some select accommodations at conservancies such as Naboisho, you can get this at an extra fee.
Visit the Masai Mara villages and learn about their culture, tradition and lifestyle. Get a chance to interact with the locals and purchase unique handmade souvenirs from them. This activity is also available for an additional fee.
Here is your 3-day Masai Mara Itinerary;
At 7:30 am, your driver-guide will pick you up from your hotel in Nairobi and drive to Masai Mara National Reserve. The journey takes approximately 4-5 hours. You’ll drive through Nairobi-Narok-Sekenani road which is all tarmacked thanks to the past government regime that upgraded Narok-Sekenani road. You will have an opportunity to stop at the Mahiu Mahiu Escarpment where you can enjoy the view of the Great Rift Valley. You will also have a chance to stop at Narok Town for snacks and refreshments.
Once you get to Masai Mara, check into your accommodation and have lunch. After lunch, take a game drive in the afternoon until sunset then return back to your accommodation for dinner and overnight stay.
Wake up early for an early morning game drive before breakfast. Return back to your accommodation for breakfast or opt for picnick breakfast. After breakfast, take a full day game drive and enjoy a picnic lunch in the bush. You will have a chance to visit the Mara River where you can spot thousands of Hippos and Nile crocodiles. Stay until sunset then return back to your accommodation for dinner and overnight stay. The goal for the full-day game drive is to spot the big 5 and any of the several grazing herbivores including elephants, giraffes, wilderbeests, antelopes, zebras, etc.
During the Great Migration (July – October), you’ll witness an awe-inspiring spectacle: the magnificent movement of animals unparalleled on our planet. Countless zebras, gazelles, and wildebeest embark on their timeless journey, crossing the Mara River into the park in search of luscious grasslands to graze upon.
Wake up early for an Early morning game drive before breakfast and spot different predators such as lions, cheetahs, leopards and hyenas in their natural habitats. Return back to your accommodation for breakfast then check out and proceed to Nairobi by road. You can also opt not to go for game drive on the third day.
Your accommodation options;
Luxury accommodation options;
- Ashnil Mara Camp,
- Mara Eden Safari Camp,
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge,
- Sarova Mara Game Camp,
- Mara Engai Lodge,
- Ilkeliani Camp
- Mara River Camp,
- Tipilikwani Mara Camp,
- Matira Camp,
- Wilderness Camp,
- Keekorok Lodge
- Zebra Plains Mara Camp,
- Osero Camp,
- Mara Sopa Lodge,
- Losokwan Luxury Camp,
- Enkorok Mara Camp,
- Elangata Olerai Camp
- Mara Chui Camp,
- Kambu Mara Camp
- Jambo Mara Safari Lodge
- All meals
- Accommodation based on your selected option (luxury, comfort or budget)
- Return transportation from Nairobi to Masai Mara Reserve
- Professional driver/guide services
- Game viewing drives in a 4×4 custom safari jeep with pop up roof for game viewing and photography.
- Full day game drive with picnic lunch for 2 days
- Park entrance fees.
- Flying Doctors medical emergency evacuation cover (Optional)
What our Package does not include;
- Travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities to your driver guide, lodge/camp staff or porters
- Drinks and beverages, souvenirs, laundry services
- Cost of obtaining visa
- Any other activity or item not mentioned in the itinerary.
How to book your 3-day safari to Masai Mara;
The easiest way to get started with your booking is by sending us a request on email. You can also opt for other providers on safaribookings.com. Make sure you check the reviews and compare prices before making your final decision. Our team of travel experts will also help you plan your trip from start to finish so that you can have a hassle-free tour experience in Kenya.
We also offer custom packages with tailor-made itineraries according to your needs and preferences. If you’d like us to customize a package for you, please get in touch and let us know what you’re looking for.
We look forward to having you as part of our Kenya safari family!
3-day Masai Mara Budget Safari Guide and Tips;
If you want to save money on your safari to Masai Mara, you should consider booking a budget package that we(Kambu Campers) offer. This will help you save up to 50% of the cost of a luxury or comfort option. However, make sure that you don’t compromise on quality when choosing a budget option – check the reviews and compare prices before making your final decision.
You can also opt for group tours that are cheaper than private tours. This way, you can meet other travelers and split the cost of activities like game drives. The downside is that you will have to stick with a fixed itinerary as opposed to having your own personalized schedule.
You can also go for tent camping at our Kambu Mara Camp and spend a fraction of what you would on glamping accommodations. Tent camping also gives you the opportunity to experience the wild and bond with nature.
When it comes to food, avoid eating at restaurants as they are expensive in Masai Mara. You can opt for picnics or go grocery shopping for snacks and drinks at the local market.
Finally, don’t forget to get travel insurance. It’s always better to be safe than sorry!
|Travel Dates||Per Person Sharing (US $)|
|Number of People Travelling >>>||2-3 persons||4-5 persons||6 persons|
|04 Jan – 31 Mar 2023||400||350||300|
|01 Apr – 30 June 2023||450||375||350|
|01 July – 15 Oct 2023||600||550||500|
|16 Oct – 21 Dec 2023||550||500||450|
|22 Dec – 31 Dec 2023||550||500||450|
- Make sure that you carry all the necessary documents such as a valid Passport, Visa (if applicable), Yellow Fever Vaccination Card and Insurance Policy.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the tour.
- Avoid littering while on the safari as it is not only dangerous for wildlife but also detrimental to the environment.
- Pack light so that you can move around easily and don’t forget to carry your camera and binoculars!
- Respect the people and culture of Masai Mara.
- Keep your distance from the wild animals as they can be unpredictable, especially if provoked.
- Lastly, don’t forget to have fun! Enjoy your safari experience and make sure you take lots of pictures so that you can share your memories with your loved ones back home!
You can also opt for a fly-in Masai Mara safari package here